We are excited to be able to gather again as followers of Jesus.
I realize many have varying convictions and thoughts about the pandemic and what is an appropriate response.
We have chosen a very conservative approach to re-opening with the overarching principal being based on Paul’s encouragement to the church at Philippi. “preferring others above ourselves” (Philippians 2). I encourage you to look past personal preferences and put others above yourself. It is a privilege to be able to have a church family and a place to worship with others. It is my hope you view the privilege similarly, and as the writer of Hebrews encourages us “let us not forsake the gathering together as is the habit of some, but encourage one another all the more as we see the day approaching.” (Hebrews 10:24).
With this principal in mind, the following guidelines will be in place for our Sunday service:
- The sanctuary and the fellowship hall will be open for indoor seating. Masks will be required inside the building at all times for individuals 9 years old and above . If you choose to sit in the fellowship hall, please follow the directions for sanitizing the tables at the end of the service.
- The courtyard will be available for mask-optional seating. We will be placing a speaker in the courtyard for live broadcast. There is no video outside. Seating will not be provided so bring your own chair or blanket to sit on.
- Maintaining appropriate distances of 6 feet will be required in all areas.
- Family units are encouraged to sit together.
- Sanitizing products and procedures will be available in the bathrooms.
- Please bring your own mask if you desire to sit inside and bring your own pocket hand sanitizer to reduce burden on the church.
- The live broadcast will still be offered online.
Valerie and I are really looking forward to seeing you this Sunday. Hoping things will return to “normal” soon but until then we will adapt week to week as we wait for Him to return.
**We have opened up our Children's Ministry classes on Sunday mornings. Please check our Children's Ministry page for specifics.
**In addition to the adult classes on Wednesday evenings, Middle School and High School youth groups have resumed. No Children's Ministry classes are provided for elementary, nursery, or toddlers on Wednesdays at this time.
Pastor Shawn is currently teaching through the Gospel of Luke on Sundays and the Psalms on Wednesdays.
We make it our practice to study verse by verse, chapter by chapter through the Bible, building "precept upon precept, line upon line" (Isaiah 28:10).